Expert Info

Posted by EviSavi
on 17 Nov 2021

We move the colleague from Russia to Bosnia/Sarajevo for the Director position. Service of the foreigners tells that the spouse can't possess the Visa D and residence permit for the first year of the husband's employment. I can't imagine the husband and children stay in Sarajevo without wife/mom. Is it the real situation with the legislation? may be there some options to have the spouse with the family legally?

Carla Verfaille on 29 Nov 2021 - 13:34

Hi there, 

From my research it seems that you may be able to bypass these laws through either a Letter of Invitation or Temporary Residence through Family Reunification. I recommend having a look at this Minisitry of Security website page. All the information I have been able to find is listed on this page. I don't see why one of these two laws shouldn't be able to assist you in this situation. 

I hope this helps and that you come right. 

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global Health Insurance.

Medical insurance specifically designed for expats. With Cigna, you won't have to rely on foreign public health care systems, which may not meet your needs. Cigna allows you to speak to a doctor on demand, for consultations or instant advice, wherever you are in the world. They also offer full cancer care across all levels of cover, and settle the cost of treatments directly with the provider.

Get a quote from Cigna Global – 10% off

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo logo

International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes from select removal companies now!