Expert Info

Posted by .mab_5700
on 25 Apr 2022

Trying to obtain pension residency but unable in getting a signed benefit verification letter from the Social Security Administration. I've written multiple letters (6), email the US Embassy (3x), called numerous times, all to no avail. My Guatemalan immigration attorney is useless. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Upright4 on 30 Apr 2022 - 07:20

I had the same problem. After many phone calls and emails a person at the U.S. State Dept. told me to try this:

1. Print a copy of your S.S. Benefit Verification Letter.

2. Write on it "I (print full name) certify that this benefit verification letter was given to me by the Social Security Administration."

3. Sign your full name.

4. Get it notarized. I did this at a local copy/mailing shop. $15.

5. Mail it to the Secretary of State of your state, with fee and your request to have the letter apostilled.

I did this, and the letter was returned apostilled. I was in California at the time.


Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global

If you’re thinking about taking out private health insurance, our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats, which you can tailor exactly to the needs and ensure access to quality care for you and your family.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!