We are planning to immigrate next year to expand our company. We still need to make a decision whether it would be to Austria or Germany and we are trying to do as much research as possible. Please could we get some input based on the following criteria:
- Safety and security (crime vs civil unrest vs threat of war)
- Quality of public schooling system
- Also, where can we get a list of public schools to get in contact with them please
- Ease of doing business (language/cultural barriers)
- Transportation (quality and safety of public transport & cost of private transport)
- Cleanliness / environment
- Cost of living vs South Africa
Any input you can offer will be highly appreciated!
Expat Health Insurance
If you’re thinking about taking out private health insurance, our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats, which you can tailor exactly to the needs and ensure access to quality care for you and your family.
Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.
Hi Expatskillie, I suggest you have a look at our two expat guides for Germany and Austria - these both have comprehensive information on all the above topics and should help you make an informed decision about what to expect and make a comparison. All the best with your big decision!