Expert Info

on 14 Oct 2018

Hi, I am an American.  If you don't already know, the healthcare system is very expensive and broken here.

I feel like Israel is very medically advanced, and I've heard that they understand some of the medical illnesses I have.

One of the worst illnesses I have is EMFS (Electromagnetic field sensitivity).  This means that my body hyper-responds to EMF fields, and it makes me sick.  (Cell phone towers, electrical power lines, wifi, microwaves, they all make me sick.  Very annoying, right?  That stuff is everywhere in America.)

I know that Israel has all of these technologies as well.  However the Israeli government seems to have higher safety standards for it  than the American government.  Proof of this is 5G Wi-Fi and cell phone service.  It makes me very sick, and it is proven via doctors to make many patients very sick, yet America is installing it anyway.

Israel is the ONLY developed nation who will not have 5G.  (They have found it dangerous.)

Israel may be the only place I will be safe.  Is there any way I can get medical asylum there, for the health problems I have?  (I have many more health problems beyond the ones mentioned too).

If so, who would I contact, and how can I go about doing it?


Meagan on 15 Oct 2018 - 08:35

Hi there,

Unfortunately, medical issues are usually not grounds to apply for asylum status. The basis for asylum in Israel specifically is as follows:

"A refugee is a person who… owing to well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country"


I'd recommend that you investigate other options for moving to Israel, specifically the various visas available. In short, the options available to you would likely be either a work visa (job offer needed), spousal visa (self-explanatory) or a visa for making aliyah (a type of visa for people of Jewish descent). Aliyah would most likely be the easiest option, relatively speaking, if you happen to have a Jewish background. For more info, have a look at our page on visas for Israel

Also, you may be interested in our page about healthcare for expats in Israel.

Hope this helps! Wishing you the best of luck

– Meagan

Alamana on 20 Jan 2019 - 12:53

Thank you for this informative reply.

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global Health Insurance.

Moving your family abroad can be intimidating, but learning about medical options such as family health insurance early on can help you settle successfully.

  • Comprehensive Family coverage, wherever you go
  • Paediatric coverage for well-child visits & immunizations
  • Access to dental and orthodontic care
  • 24/7 multilingual Customer Service

Get a quote from Cigna Global (10% off family health plans in June)

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo logo

International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes from select removal companies now!