Expert Info

Posted by
on 16 Apr 2016

My husband and I are moving with my parents in HCMC, VN. They are living there as expats right now, working for a US company. I want to know what is available for work as well as if a work permit is needed. We will have the multi-entry 3 month Visa. My husband is a computer technician and builds/repairs computers. Software and Hardware issues. We are hoping he can start a business or just self-employ himself. It seems as though there is a lot of need for good computer repair, but I want to make sure he is able to work on his own without a work permit, or if a work permit is needed, would he be able to get one without a degree? He has many, many years doing this work, even as a teenager for his school. As for me, I have customer service experience but that is about it. I do not have a degree, but I am looking for options about schooling. Aside from that, what is there available to do? Thank you for your time and help!

Anonymous (not verified) on 20 Apr 2016 - 11:24
I thought the new law allowed the 3 month visa to extend for a full year either upon renewal, or it is just transfered over. That is what we told to my parents over there.
Anonymous (not verified) on 20 Apr 2016 - 04:43
Hi, We highly recommend your family should take business visa when enter into Vietnam if you get long staying. As new law from Vietnam government, all customers enter in Vietnam under tourist visa, they can only take 01 month extension when their visa has expired. Thanks
Anonymous (not verified) on 26 Apr 2016 - 09:28
Dear Mrs. I think you can find job easily in English center such as ILA or VUS. They will train you after you participate in their school. Hope you can find a good job
Anonymous (not verified) on 26 Apr 2016 - 09:29
And if you need any consult about health insurance, please feel free to contact me . Anna Nguyen Mobile: (+84) 9 871 72 347 |Skype: dungnguyen5591. email:
Anonymous (not verified) on 24 May 2016 - 15:32
Hi, Anyone aware of the US/UK/EU IT Staffing industry in Vietnam?...........Abhi,

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global Health Insurance.

Medical insurance specifically designed for expats. With Cigna, you won't have to rely on foreign public health care systems, which may not meet your needs. Cigna allows you to speak to a doctor on demand, for consultations or instant advice, wherever you are in the world. They also offer full cancer care across all levels of cover, and settle the cost of treatments directly with the provider.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo logo

International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes from select removal companies now!